My clients are always surprised when I touch base on their exercise routine or their diet. I hear them say,
“uh, how often do I workout?
“David, what does working out have to do with coaching?”
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that asked of me.
Your body is your temple. It’s an extension of your mind. Why wouldn’t you work on your best asset?
You are the total package and if you don’t take your WHOLE self seriously, NOBODY else will!
My meetings often revolve around the basis of removing negative thoughts which I’ve appropriately titled, “Removing the Noise”. I incorporate this piece of the puzzle into our coaching sessions to help develop a great work ethic. Now, I generally do not push the envelope when it comes to religion or spirituality but I believe it’s an integral part of one’s self and contributes to us becoming whole in our businesses. Since I believe malnutrition of the body is linked with malfunction of the mind, I provide my clients with a few helpful tips.
- Awareness – What gets your juices flowing early in the morning?
- Is it working out?
- Listening to music?
- Energy – Be mindful of what provides energy and what drains it.
- Negative people
- Stressful situations
- Self-Care – Are you eating properly?
- Passion – What are your values, morals and drivers?
- Do you take a moment to do the activities you love?
- If you love something, get out and do it. Share your passion with someone.
- Mindset – Stay positive, always maintain accountability to yourself and those around you. Most importantly create the culture around your world the way YOU want it to be.
Are you a leader or a follower? The question is simple, yet people hesitate to answer when asked.
What are they afraid of?
Look within….Are people listening to what you have to say? Do they believe your message or better yet, do they care about the words being spoken? Sure, you may work for a large firm and yes, you may even earn a huge paycheck but at the end of the day, if people aren’t following you, YOU ARE NOT A LEADER!
You have to be of value to people. Make them know that their vision is your vision. Support and achieve their goals and lastly, earn their trust so in the end, you’ve earned their respect. That to me is the recipe for a great leader.
“If You Fail To Plan, You Plan To Fail” ….Benjamin Franklin
2015 is almost here…It is time to put pen to paper and formulate your 2015 goals. Not later, but now, “Procrastinate tomorrow!”
The difference between a dream and a goal is that a goal has a defined time line with a methodical, measurable and accountable structure.
Brian Tracy said it best in his youtube video titled: “5 Common Myths About Setting Goals.”
“I already have goals; I don’t need to set any.” People who say this also say that their goals are to be rich, thin, happy, successful, and live their dreams. But these are not goals, they are wishes and fantasies common to all mankind. (Brian Tracy)
Contact me for your free report on the 10 Guidelines for effective goal setting. Trust me, it will change the way you think.
Here are some interesting statistics that will radically change your life.
- Less than 3% of the population earn over $250,000. Per year. 12% of those people use some form of life coach.
- Less than 2% of the population earn over $300,000. Per year. 18% of those people use some form of a life coach.
- Less than 1% of the population earn over $500,000. Per year. 32% of those people use some form of a life coach.
Makes you stop and think. WHY do people that earn more money need a coach?
The answer is: to stay on track and have a second set of eyes and intelligence to keep you accountable to the goals you set out to achieve.
(There is no difference between you and an athlete or a CEO, a President or a leader).
Be accountable to yourself and remove the noise…
Do not surround yourself with NEGATIVE people!
You know who I’m talking about. The negative person with a puss on their face, the negative person that can’t stand to see you smile, or bear witness to a life well lived. The negative person is one who wants you to feel like they feel, hurt like they hurt and in the end, be unhappy and sad….. JUST LIKE THEM!
Negative people are mentally diseased. You need to cut them out of your life. You need to stay on track and continue forward with your goals. Don’t engage in gossip with negative people. They look to get information from you, about you and then spread it like fertilizer so that the seeds of despair grow in your garden. Don’t let them destroy you. The next time you come across a person like this, even if it’s your best friend, walk away and smile.
People do influence us whether we like it or not so take a moment and get inspired with this video. ENJOY!
My current job title is “Leadership Development Coach.” People often ask, “what does that mean?”, “can you turn me into a leader?”, “can you make me a success?”, and the all too common question, “can you make me a MILLIONAIRE?” Although I consider myself extremely qualified to answer the questions since I have in fact helped individuals achieve those desires and many more, I believe that individuals that need to ask these particular questions, in this particular order, DO NOT truly want to hear the answer. Don’t get me wrong…..there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with having a desire for abundance. What I have proven time and time again is that desire alone will NOT help you climb that mountain.
Below, I have compiled my top 10 list, a road map so to speak of what I feel is needed in in order to be able to write the best story of your life. I can honestly say, when you understand the following, the road to success will be attainable.
- Personal Vision – How Do you see yourself?
- Time Management – Are you disciplined?
- Finance – Are your accounts in order?
- Family – is your relationships strong? (Wife, Kids, Parents)
- Integrity – Are you trustworthy?
- Social – Are you living a good life? (Friends, Colleagues)
- Giving – Are you generous? (time, charity, energy)
- Reflection – Do you set time aside? (meditation, reflection)
- Fitness – Do you take care of your body?
- Openness – Are you honest with yourself and know when to seek a mentor or coach?
Remember, how do you want to be remembered? You may have been doing things the same way for the last several years but today is the day to make a change. Remove the “Noise” and just do it!