My clients are always surprised when I touch base on their exercise routine or their diet. I hear them say,
“uh, how often do I workout?
“David, what does working out have to do with coaching?”
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that asked of me.
Your body is your temple. It’s an extension of your mind. Why wouldn’t you work on your best asset?
My meetings often revolve around the basis of removing negative thoughts which I’ve appropriately titled, “Removing the Noise”. I incorporate this piece of the puzzle into our coaching sessions to help develop a great work ethic. Now, I generally do not push the envelope when it comes to religion or spirituality but I believe it’s an integral part of one’s self and contributes to us becoming whole in our businesses. Since I believe malnutrition of the body is linked with malfunction of the mind, I provide my clients with a few helpful tips.
- Awareness – What gets your juices flowing early in the morning?
- Is it working out?
- Listening to music?
- Energy – Be mindful of what provides energy and what drains it.
- Negative people
- Stressful situations
- Self-Care – Are you eating properly?
- Passion – What are your values, morals and drivers?
- Do you take a moment to do the activities you love?
- If you love something, get out and do it. Share your passion with someone.
- Mindset – Stay positive, always maintain accountability to yourself and those around you. Most importantly create the culture around your world the way YOU want it to be.